Cloud Hosting has brought in a revolution in the hosting field. Since it is based on cloud computing, Cloud Hosting provides a number of advantages over traditional hosting. Cloud Hosting offers the scalability of resources to its users by which they can dynamically increase or decrease the amount of resources allocated for their website. This is especially essential if you are running an e-commerce website or a website with high traffic. Cloud Hosting also is the most secure hosting plan available in the market.
If you have set your mind on going for a Cloud Web Host for your website, here are a few things that you must consider before making the final plunge.
1. Scalable Environment: One of the major advantages of Cloud Hosting is its scalability feature. Many hosting providers have different types of plans with a variable amount of scalable resources. Usually, they offer a 4x scalability, meaning, you can scale your resources up to 4 times of that provided in the basic plan. This feature can help you sync your resource requirement with the allocated amount of resource. It has the added benefit of cost-flexibility, so you buy the affordable base plan and keep scaling up as the business grows.
2. Server location: Google has included page load speed as one of the most important determining factors to rank a website. A time delay of 3 seconds in page loading time can drive away more than 50% of your visitors. The location of the server has a direct impact on page loading time. If the server is located in close proximity to the website, it can process HTTP requests at a much faster rate. Although, most Cloud Web Hosts store data on multiple servers dispersed across the globe yet is essential to have the data stored as close to the website as possible.
3. Easy-to-use interface: The control panel offered by your hosting provider should be easy-to-use. Most hosting plans come with either cPanel or Plesk, which are the most user-friendly control panels available in the market. However, many plans come in-built with third-party control panels which may be a difficult nut to crack.
4. Uptime guarantee: Make sure that the hosting provider you choose guarantees an uptime score of at least 99.9%. Uptime simply means the time percentage for which your website is live. A greater uptime score ensures greater visibility of your website that can help your business grow. It also has an impact on your website’s SEO.
5. Reliability: Selecting a reliable hosting provider can prevent you from regretting your decision later. It is essential to do thorough market research before selecting the provider. Also, you should read reviews and their refund policies in detail.
Cloud Server Hosting is considered by many to be the most advanced form of hosting plan available in the market. However, many hosting providers have varying offerings under their scheme of things. Thus, it is important to understand some of the basic features of Cloud Hosting that can help you make a sound decision.